Words from the CEO

Whatsup yall, this is Andrea, CEO of Solar Entertainment Music Group. I just wanted to take a moment and give shout outs to some people who have helped in the success of Solar ENT MG. Thanks and blessings goes out to God for giving me the strength to continue and blessing me with the challenges I have accomplished thus far. Second is my family who have stuck by me diligently and my friends - those who carry the honor of being called my "friend". You know who you are....

Lastly, I would like to thank our artist who to this day have worked hard and are very committed to their work. Until the day the Lord takes me home, I find it an honor to work with you all and to put forth the energy it takes to continue making you the best!

Keep grindings
As always ~ Blessings

Andrea Austin
CEO, Solar Entertainment Music Group

Monday, April 26, 2010

Words from an Indie Artist

I had the opportunity to sit down with one of Solar Entertainment Music Group's artist known as Classic. Classic I must say is a strong artist with the will, energy, discipline and eagerness to make it to the top. No matter if Classic is given one day notice or 1 week notice, he is ready for the stage to perform. His style on stage is one of a kind. He not only charms the ladies but leaves the men at awe as well. Classic, born Anthony Smith, knows how hard it is for an Indie Artist to make it in the music business. They not only have to work harder, but they have to keep at it. Short trips to the surface for air and then its back for more laps around the ocean that is surrounded by other hungry indie artists - all lurking around the same spot for food. Read what he has to say about his career as an Indie Artist.

"The difference between a Indie artist and a major artist thats signed to a major is a lot and ill start like this. Theirs the good and theirs the bad the good thing being a indie artist is that you have a lot of freedom and say so in your career you are hands on with every thing the project is like your baby and its your job to take control and care of the project majority of the responsibility is yours what you put in is what you get out. the bad thing is you have to work a lot harder to build your fan base and to get your self heard and out 2 the public in a lot of cases you well spend more money then you make I believe that's only in the beginning becuse after you make a name for yourself and you get some buzz around your city and abroad you can make that money you spent back and more. The bad thing in my opinion being signed to a major is you have to many people telling u how 2 do you and I mean how u should dress how u should talk and how u should write your music you can't even really express the real you and the way you truly feel in your own music untell you've reached a serting level I guess you have to put your work in first.I also feel that with a major you are not in control of your career and the creative aspect of your project they pick what song should be your single and what songs shouldn't even make it on the album.The good thing is you can have nation wide exposure u can become a house hold name and other people takes care of your marketing and promotion and if your good the money u make won't be bad"

BY.CLASSIC.....A INDEPENDENT ARTIST
--classicsmith

No comments:

Post a Comment